Sunday, October 11, 2009

It wasn't Me

26th Earthquake (.. Contd )


I pleaded for 5 min but they were riding high to hear my requests….i tried my level best to stop them...but they were in some intoxication I suppose…I tried last time to stop them by asking them for a treat at Ganj…but they were deaf…they pushed me aside and ran towards Gaurav to hit him….

Please do what ever you want…but plz my name should not come in between…”,I cleared on

“Please …not my name…..no sharukh...during the bashing…”,I added

“Ok sharukh….don’t be afraid…this 4 feet has no guts to tell this to anyone…”Gulshan recoiled

“But still I prefer to…. beat him after I leave this campus….plz”, I begged

I was still working on the gravy…but some of his friends…located Gaurav…and took him to the corner of the road….actually our school was just adjacent to PAC headquarters’…so the civil kids were always on the ramp…well at that moment no body was their….it looked as if it was midnight…all were in their houses….mostly sleeping……

Gaurav….Kya bat hai ….Bahut cahrbi…ho gayi hai kya???” circuit#3 asked pulling his collar

“Tum Log kaun ho…please tell me…?????”Gaurav shouted in 20 decibel voice

I was about to kick start my BMW before I saw Gulshan running toward me…

Sharukh…hurry up man…POLICE… POLICE….” Gulshan shouted in fear

I turned around and saw Gaurav…weeping like a 2 year kid with 2 civil Kids asscording him ….Gaurav was crying in a 50 db voice….actually his every voice was under 58 Decibels….i wondered how his 4 feet body carried such a small lungs...when their was enough space…as the skull was a barren island….anyways I again ultra sounded his fifty plus voice and rushed to the other side of the road….

Sharukh tej cahlo...please….”Gulshan repeated continuously

“What happened Gulshan…why were you running……???”

“Nothing yar…as we were Explaining him…about your mermaid girl…..”He replied catching his breath back

“Sooooo what happened….have you used my name…in your lecture…”I stopped my bike

“Nahi we just said the ….Gaurav you should stop helping Girls…otherwise God will

Not help you from death…”

“So did you mentioned my name or not…please…come to the point…”,I begged

As he was remembering the event….I also started my remembering….my life with the mermaid…I was certain that…. if the case is nailed on me then my life would become a hell….i was praying to GOD before, Gulshan...broke up….

Yeh we used your name...but for one time only….”

“We also used kajol’s name….No problem yar…the kid has no guts...he will sob and forget this…”

For a moment I was numb…my “skin hairs” stood up to salute my valor ….before the sound of horns broke the monotony….

I was standing in the middle of the road and 103 vehicles were behind us blowing the horn…actually we created a traffic jam…the road in front of us was clear but my road had just taken a dirty turn…

I kicked and flew in the polluted air…

“Drop me at Ganj….my friends are waiting their…”, Gulshan continued

“Don’t worry…I am their too help…any time call me…I will rescue you...”, he added

I drove hard to get rid of this Munna bhai ….well after 10 min I was left alone…my mind was out of order…I quickly gulped a Pepsi to recharge the battery…but this time the mind needed some thing more than that…

I rushed to my home and called my Mermaid at 8.05pm...this was the standard time which I used to water my visualizations….as during 8 and 9 my mom was busy with her daily soaps…so the Baird’s instrument satisfied my hourly soaps…

Kajol…can You hear my Voice….”,I dropped my cords to 40 DB

“Hi sharukh...what’s up…so you are back from your coaching…”,she adjusted her receiver

I just remembered that I was supposed to have a physics class today…and I have missed that too in the madness of the road side nuisance ….but her voice made me think of it…

Yeh I have just returned ….i heard that you cried today in class…” I sparked the fire

“Who told you this…you were not there…well anyways I didn’t…”, she went on

“Please stop faking me…I know you…you are very soft at heart….your love can even….”

“No sharukh…I didn’t….I was just upset….last night….”she was warming up for the big cry

I was numb for a second….as her upset attitude made me wary….as her talks were indicating me that she had cognizance of the whole event that happened in the evening….well I continued on slowly…to cross check and bandage the SHIP…

What happened kajo.…why are you so upset….????”,I continued slowly

“Sharukh you know a street Dog died Last night in front of my house…”

“A street Dog….Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!….What happened to him…”showing much care as 96 days before I was also a street dog

“You know he was like my own baby…I feed him for 6 months…. I just gave up my sweater for it…he was very cute…he always barked when some outside came to our house…”,

she continued praising as if I was dead and she was telling her friend about me

I also got some picture of it as once he also barked at me…when I was injured on her road while performing a stunt on my 1991 Bajaj scooter…Thank god she was not at home at that time…

So what happened to his dead body...who did the cremation….????”, I formally played on the tune

“My neighbor took all my pain….he is very good…”,she said adding some pain to her voice

At first I though that I should go and kick “the Good Neighbor’s” ass…taking pain for my girl…my girl is not so painful… but I stayed calm to ask about him…

“Who is he….anyways…???”, I inquired

“My uncle….he works in a bank…” she replied

“Ok….i think he is good man…”,I returned my regards

“Yeh you know…he goes to temple every day…….########”,she kept on speaking before the phone line Disconnected

I checked the line but It was not on my side….I tried several times….but I could not connect to “34***8”…it seemed that the lines was jammed like my brain…finally I gave up after 15 mins…..well I was happy that she was white to the evening clash…

I was happy to thinks that still I was on the SHIP… even after a sudden attack by some pirates. I sat down to think about the after effects but all my calculations were based on Gaurav’s moves…

if Gaurav collect’s enough guts to propagate the snaps to Kajol’s mind then I was surely dead…he has this talent of puncturing the tyre at the right point i.e near the Valve body…anyways I somehow tried to condense my imagination….before I started dreaming Kajol….

It was 26th January 2001 next day so I just preferred to stay in bed …before my dad gave me a news that as an EARTHQUAKE had just stuck Gujarat….i quickly switched on the TV to follow the news…but the Quake that sharked my life yesterday was so big that this incidence had no relevance in my present life….

Next Chapter :
http://straypet.blogspot.in/2009/10/it-wasnt-me_11.html

2 comments:

SUBHJEET said...

Mr. Shahrukh, I request u to complete this awesome story, we r eager to know what happened after this, how ur story moved forwad, what r further earthquake u met and what is the present scenario. You have the quality of a mindblowing writer, who can visualize their feelings in words. pls carry on. God bless u.


Thanks,
Subhjeet Kumar

Stray Pet said...

The story does not end here. read the 5th and final part