Sunday, October 11, 2009

It wasn't Me

The Green Card Day

The day was her birthday…I had already bought a green double flap birthday card for her…It had some hidden meaning in it but the decoder was still not installed on her big brain…so it was totally waist buying a Rs.20 card for a girl, if the ambiguous meaning is not conveyed…well anyways back to the day..

28th of November I just opened my dream heavy eyes and dialed her number

“ 34***8 ” a sweet sound welcomed my call..She was none other than mine Kajol..

Happy birthday girl”, I started singing in my crooked voice

“Thank you sharukh…I was getting ready for the school…”she replied

Her words were as if she was blowing some kisses through her receiver…

I hooked the receiver and unhooked my bedcover in excitement….quickly I reached school but the quickly was not quick enough to save my name from the

“Later comer list”

This was not new to me…I occasionally reached on time..When I had some or the other problem….otherwise I was right on the time… i.e. 5 min after the gates closed…well anyways this practice led a drastic downfall in my moral values as I always missed my morning assembly…..anyways I have covered up that now…

So it was regular start to the day with an irregular morning …I settled down after 2nd period which was a English grammar period…well I glared the lady with the best facial expressions I have ever made after my birth….

Happy birth day...Kajol..”

“This is for you….”..I passed on that green card which I have bought for her

The girl took that with a sexy but desolate smile…well that was enough for me…at least some girl in the world cared for my gifts…

The grammar period ended and my life’s grammar also ended….


Sharukh I can’t take this….”she talked on seriously

“No gifts please ….I can’t take this “..She handed me back the green card

My 53 days life had taken a another V turn…the same girl that cared so much for me…the girl that called my name in such a fashion that even my MOM have to think twice before she calls me…..(I mean that her voice really mind-blowing.)..

Had returned my greeting card..And that too in front of the whole class…I was bashed to death…I was totally feeling desolated…before I started shouting in pain…

Since I always sat beside her in the class so even my prayers were audible to her ears…


What’s the problem. With this card…”

“I thought we were friends and card was more than enough to landmark it…”

The period ended and my anger period just started…I rushed out of the class to ask Kajol about the card..

What is the problem in cards”..I pleaded

“NO I have a problem..”..She started trying to a take a suitable position in front of me

“No these people will interpret this card as…..”She said

“The people will think that we have a relationship…I mean to say. They will think…”

I quickly understood that the ambiguous meaning of the card was on the role….well I was satisfied as my 20 bugs have worked…..they have conveyed the meaning….but the after effects were no where mentioned on the manual….

My mind grew cold in anger but the heat of the girls always defrosted it….I regained my senses and started working on the script..

If you have any problem..With me then please leave me…”

“If you think of peoples words…if you are bothered of your bad mirage..Then please..”

My words seemed to work on the big day... But still the day was too young to predict its profession…..the mid day lunch crept in the film..But I continued to show my anger to the girl…I remained aloof from all my friends..I kicked my ass and tried to remain silent for 20mins…I knew that this formula 69 will certainly work….


15 min passed on and the girl was walking towards me….I was standing tall in the physics lab… Looking at the charts that were hung there so as to save the cost of painting the wall…

Sharukh I m sorry…It didn’t mean to break your heart…”she whispered softly

Frankly telling the girls have a natural birth right to say sorry in whispering sounds and the boys have to ultrasound that words…..while the boys have to sing a song to say sorry for the things that they never did….

Well I ultra sounded that voice but still I could not smell my victory…

"Sharukh can you just give me back that green card…”she begged like a haughty beggar...Begging for 5 rupees

Well I will give you that but please stop talking to me in these words…”I announced

The lunch was over in 5 min…I was very hungry as I had already skipped my Tiffin but the girls had satisfied my minds hunger….I quickly rushed towards the canteen that was about to wrap out…I begged for 2 smosas…

I don’t know why I was begging all the things from the morning ….first I begged GOD to make Kajol receive my call...then I begged GOD to lend me some confidence…then I begged the gatekeeper to leave me from the regular latecomer beating ….then I begged the girl to take this card….and finally I was begging the teacher to give me some more marks so as I could get a GOOD score….

Begging all the way….the awesome green card day”

I gave the card back to the girls and sat 10 meters away from her…because I knew that if she again sees me then certainly she would again return that card…

The day ended on a splendid note..I topped the class in the physics test….everybody but she gave me a selfish look….as I have shared my answers with her..So she was second in the class….everybody was just heating up their filaments..And she was just thinking for a good GOOD BYE line…

I packed my bag and started towards the gate…

Sharukh what do you call this relationship between us….”a soft but familiar voice crept me ear

I was really amazed by the work of that green card…I bought it to nourish our relationship…not to give a name to this SHIP…well I recollected all my formula’s and spilled out some mantra before I finally decided to speak…

"I don’t know what you call this relationship..But I certainly call it...”

“Friendship…”

“Ok that’s good of you …but people think that we are in love with each other…,”

She blended the words

“I least care what the people think of us…I think of you and that’s enough for me”

“Ok thank you sharukh…I think we are good friends…”she whispered as flew away..

I too followed her but this was a different following…every time I followed a girl who has already kicked my ass…but this time I was following a girl who cares for my ass…with consideration under the protection of her own ass…

The event gave me a GREEN CARD to move on… as it was crystal clear that she is deeply interested in me but she was afraid of the public talks…but anyway I was happy with her as her presence gave me some exotic energy to work hard, to excel, to love people, to care for others…I mean she just change my life…I started studying very hard…I topped the coaching tests, class tests….

We shared every moment of success with each other…she was totally in-friendship with this new “sharukh 2k5”…the days went by in happiness...the year 2000 ended on the singing node…

It was December when one day she called me saying that …

Sharukh, please do not call me for next 15 days...”

“Why..?” I inquired

“My brother Is coming back and I don’t want my brother to listen to this relationship”

“Ok girl...I will not call you...as you wish...”

I was happy that she was giving so much importance to this relationship that she just stopped the SHIP in order to face the storm…I don’t know how to face a storm which these girls sense beforehand…well anyways I just stayed patient and waited for the school re-open day

1 comment:

SUBHJEET said...

Dear Shahrukh, This was really a amazing story. I am admired of it. God bless ur friend, u and ur friendship or whatever the SHIP... u name it.

Thanks,
Subhjeet Kumar